Couples Therapy and Marriage Counseling in Baltimore DC Region
Most people are going through a lot of emotions when they decide to contact our office to help with relationship problems. So, our goal is to help answer all your questions and respond quickly so you can start repairing your relationship right away!
When you select Dr. Stephanie’s Relationship Repair Shop as your provider, you have the benefit of choosing a Top Relationship Expert in the Baltimore Metro DC region. Stephanie has been interviewed about her Relationship Repair Program for Couples on Washington DC News Channel 8 and on WBAL-11, in addition to being quoted as an expert by Forbes, USA Today, and MSN. At the same time, you will find that Dr. Stephanie and all of her associates are very personable and caring.
Dr. Stephanie provides her services in her Laure, Maryland office. In addition, you can register for her Webinar for Couples anytime: https://events.genndi.com/register/169105139238468531/32a2f84b42
Benefits of Couples Therapy and Marriage Counseling
- Many partners are able to resolve problems that they are having arguments about, including problems related to trust, communication, in-laws, finances, parenting and sex. In some cases, people are even able to resolve past infidelity, domestic violence, or addictions that have plagued the marriage.
- Partners learn how to repair problems right in the therapy session so that they are better equipped to resolve future problems without attending more sessions.
- People can prevent separation and divorce – saving money, heartache, and emotional consequences for their extended family, children, and community.
- Partners are taught behaviors and attitudes that help lead to a more successful relationship, according to the latest relationship and marriage research.
- Couples develop a positive relationship with a professional, so that if future problems arise they have someone objective and knowledgeable that they can turn to for help.
- If partners are unsure about staying committed to the relationship, the counselor will not make a decision for the couple, but will make recommendations and discuss concerns to help guide them towards making a good decision.
- Even if partners choose to not stay together after attending therapy, many people find that the skills learned will still benefit them in future relationships. In many cases, people say that they have more peace of mind ending a relationship after seeking professional guidance.
Here are some common questions and answers …
Q. What is the cost?
A. Costs range from $60 – $200 per one hour session, depending upon the experience of the therapist that you select. To keep the cost affordable for your budget, some people attend therapy every two weeks or once per month, and they still make progress and improve their relationship! Most insurances do not have a benefit to pay for couples therapy or marriage therapy. In addition, Dr. Stephanie does not accept insurance for this type of therapy, in part because she has invested heavily in being trained as a top expert in helping couples and relationships. To schedule an appointment for $60-80 per hour with one of Stephanie’s trained associates, please contact the associate directly whom you are interested in working with. To work with Stephanie, please click on the link in the next paragraph below to book your initial Strategy Session.
Q. How many sessions do we attend?
A. For most of our clients, six to eight session is the ideal amount of time needed to reach goals to improve your relationship. However, some couples attend sessions for several months and some only attend two or three sessions in order to reach their therapy goals. Dr. Stephanie does not charge an hourly rate for her sessions, rather she charges an overall coaching/therapy fee to repair and fix your particular relationship problems. To discuss your particular problems, and to find out if Dr. Stephanie believes she can help you please book a Couples Relationship Repair Strategy Session at click here to book your appointment.
Q. What happens during our sessions?
A. We discuss and resolve any relationship problems that you have encountered, and we teach you techniques that you will be able to use to work out future relationship issues that you will have.
Q. Are weekend and evening appointments available?
A. Yes, in some cases Stephanie has time to accept evening or weekend appointments, however it may take longer for you to get an appointment depending upon the time of year.
Q. What training do you have?
A. Stephanie received both her Master’s Degree and Ph.D. specifically from AAMFT programs, and she specialized in Marriage and Family Therapy at both levels. She has also attended countless workshops and seminars to continuously improve her knowledge, including completing training in Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy and Level 3 training from the Gottman Institute and Working Towards Gottman Certification. In addition, Stephanie supervises all of the therapist associates who are currently working at various Relationship Repair Shop locations.
Q. How can I trust that you will not side with my partner when we are having arguments?
A. Your therapist will take the side of your relationship. So sometimes, we may urge one of you to make changes for the benefit of your relationship success. However, your therapist will explain the reasons for any recommendations. In most sessions, you will find that your therapist will make suggestions for how each person can make changes that will benefit the relationship.